Your Place In The Body
Episode 2: Spiritual Gifts Are For The Body
The Holy Spirit has given gifts to each one of us for the building up of the body of Christ and for the advancement of God’s plan. No matter where you are in the world, you have a fundamental unity with other believers and the opportunity to serve the body with your gifts.
- What does it mean to be baptized by the Holy Spirit? When does it happen?
- Why does the body of Christ have unity despite not being part of the same local church?
- Which gifts do you think are more important than others? What thinking do you need to change to be more in line with what scripture says?
For just as the body is one and has many members, and all the members of the body, though many, are one body, so it is with Christ. For in one Spirit we were all baptized into one body—Jews or Greeks, slaves or free—and all were made to drink of one Spirit. ”
– 1 Corinthians 12:12-13
I recognize that through your Holy Spirit I have great unity with other believers. I thank you for using your church to carry out your mission to redeem your people back to you. Help me to understand that my specific gifts and abilities are to be used to advance your kingdom here on earth.
In Jesus’ name, Amen.
- E-Booklet: Sensing a Call to Missions? Use These 4 Starting Blocks
We cannot afford to be passive or haphazard about the will of God. We must pursue it directly and methodically.
- E-Booklet: 8 Questions to Ask Your Pastor When Considering Missions
Involving your church leadership in your missions decision process is biblical—too important to leave to chance.