Job Title: Executive Administrator
Department: Global Ministries
Location: ABWE Headquarters, New Cumberland, PA
Job Type: Full-Time/Salary/Exempt
Supervisor: Vice President | Global Ministries
Supervisory Responsibility: None
Mission/Vision: Fulfilling the Great Commission by multiplying leaders, churches, and missions movements among every people.
Job Summary/Primary Role: The Executive Administrator is responsible for providing administrative, logistical, and project support for the Vice President of Global Ministries so that team priorities are met. Excellent communication and computer skills, along with the ability to work independently and take direction from leadership are key components in this position. High capacity to complete work and keep the office organized in a fast-paced and changing environment will be necessary. With a missional mindset, this individual will manage and facilitate the Vice President’s workload and ministry and by serving as a conduit of information between the missionary leadership, organizational leadership, ministry coordinators, and headquarters staff.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manages information for the Vice President including, calendars, meetings, events, speaking engagements, initiatives, reporting, etc.
- Assists with domestic and international travel priorities and logistics.
- Familiar with all policy manuals, roles, and responsibilities for all missionary personnel and coordinating with other departments regarding current policies and policy changes when needed.
- Conducts research and provides written communication in preparation for speaking engagements, missionary/field visits, and leadership meetings.
- Assists with budget preparation and management for the Global Ministries department.
- Manages contacts, communications, and appointments through various platforms.
- Monitors all work and communications from the Global Ministries department for missional advancement, legal compliance, and appropriate security.
- Reads and analyzes memos, reports, and other correspondence and distributes to the Vice President or other leadership as appropriate.
- Attends meetings on behalf of the Vice President as needed. Provides written documentation, outcomes, and follow-up requirements. Has delegated authority from the Vice President in decision making.
- Exercises discretion and judgement in keeping the Vice President informed and in tune with culture and needs of the missionary team and headquarters staff. Able to process employee grievances with confidentiality and compassion. Projects a proactive approach to problem solving with strong decision-making skills.
- Works with various departments to create and/or edit the Global Ministries media and visual presentations.
- Performs other duties or special projects as required or as assigned.
Qualifications: Ability to pass background check and all necessary clearances as mandated by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
Education: Associate’s Degree in business, office management, or related field; or equivalent work experience.
Minimum Prior Experience Required: Previous management experience preferred; experience supporting senior-level management is advantageous. Previous international travel is helpful. Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and comfort with new technology will be necessary.
- Joy-filled personal faith rooted in Jesus Christ and a heart to serve.
- Detail-oriented and organized. Exhibits great time management.
- Discretion and sound judgement.
- Able to maintain information and documents that are highly confidential in nature.
- Takes initiative and anticipates needs.
- Strong relational skills, communication, and critical thinking skills.
- Energetic and deadline oriented.
- Able to work alone or in a team environment.
ABWE is a Christian organization, and it is necessary that employees possess and maintain a lifestyle that is above reproach. Employees are encouraged to participate in staff events including corporate and departmental prayer times and staff meetings and lunches.
All ABWE employees must:
- Be a believer in the Lord Jesus Christ and able to articulate a personal testimony of salvation.
- Be walking in Christ-like obedience to Biblical standards in ways that evidence a transforming relationship with Jesus Christ, particularly as outlined in ABWE’s Christian Code of Conduct.
- Be a current and active member and/or regular attendee of a like-minded local church that aligns doctrinally with ABWE.
- Be able to fully support ABWE’s mission, vision, core values, doctrinal statement, and ministry philosophy.
- Be able to follow all guidelines set forth in the ABWE Policy Manual and IHQ Staff Handbook.
Physical Demands and Work Environment: The physical demands are minimal and typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations, including extended periods of time sitting at a desk. The work environment is representative and typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for extended periods of time, talk or hear; perform fine motor, hand, and finger skills in the use of a keyboard, telephone, or writing. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and reach with arms and/or hands. Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The employee will spend their time in an office environment with a moderate to high noise level. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To apply for this job, send resume and a 1-page personal testimony to email@example.com