Quality care for missionaries is essential to them thriving on the mission field. In this role you will be responsible for assessing, debriefing, and implementing the care of missionaries and leading a team that nurtures the members of our global family of ministries.
To apply for a position send your resume, a 1-page faith-story/testimony, and applicable references or samples to email@example.com.
Job Title: Missionary Commissioned to Minister in Global Evangelism Director | Member Care
Department: Global Ministries
Location: ABWE Headquarters, New Cumberland, PA or remote
Supervisor: Vice President | Global Ministries
Supervisory Responsibility: Missionary employees are considered ministry leaders and have various levels of supervisory responsibility in the local church and on their respective ABWE field team.
Mission/Vision: Fulfilling the Great Commission by multiplying leaders, churches, and missions movements among every people.
Job Summary/Primary Role: Faithfully represent ABWE and sending church doctrine and practice in culturally appropriate global evangelism as a Missionary Commissioned to Minister in Global Evangelism. The primary focus of the role is administrative oversight of staff and programming; specifically, it includes overseeing the assessing, debriefing, and implementing of care for our global missionaries. The role includes building (recruiting, nurturing) and training a team that provides quality care for missionaries and the greater missionary family that are part of ABWE’s Global Family of Ministries.
Ministry Assignment/Role: specific ministry assignments vary by individual and field.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Sharing the Gospel and Biblical principles in intentionally developed relationships
- Discipleship, teaching, spiritual mentorship, and training of Christians.
- Regular participation and leadership in worship services.
- Correspond regularly with prayer and financial supporters.
- Recruiting missionaries for future service.
- Participation in all missionary training required by ABWE leadership.
- Other ministry duties, including but not limited to duties in accordance with ministry goals described in annual report completed annually by the missionary and reviewed by field administrator and sending church.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities at the International Headquarters include but are not limited to:
- Administrates and recruits Member Care Department staff.
- Builds and maintains a growing network of relationships with individuals and organizations with whom ABWE could partner for the sake of Member Care.
- Builds and maintains collaborative relationships among the other ABWE departments for organizational unity and connection. Multiplying Leaders, Churches, and Missions Movements
- Approves counseling recommendation plans.
- Formulates and authors member care related articles.
- Collaborates with Global Ministries for the implementation of debriefs and counseling strategy planning.
- Manages the departmental budget.
- Guides the team on appropriate documentation and confidentiality.
- Creates, delivers, and/or facilitates member care training.
- Represents ABWE’s Global Family of Ministries at conferences and churches.
- Performs other duties or special projects as required or as assigned.
- Examine, understand, and abide by ABWE’s doctrine and practice as defined by the ABWE Missionary Handbook and ABWE Policy Manual, including all incorporated and referenced documents therein, including but not limited to Statement of Faith, Core Values, and Biblical Dispute Resolution and Grievance Policy.
- Serve faithfully in life and ministry pursuing holiness, humility, accountability, and harmony with fellow ABWE leadership, team members, and nationals.
- Possess a holistic, integrated view of counseling and the Bible.
- Demonstrates a desire to serve cross-cultural workers with pastoral and shepherding care.
- Administrative experience building and leading teams/staff.
- College or graduate level courses in Bible and Theology, required.
- Master’s Degree in counseling or member care, preferred.
- ABWE training required, such as Essential Mission Components: Mapping to the End Vision of Missions, which focuses on ABWE’s core ministries of cross-cultural evangelism, discipleship, and church planting and Departure Readiness Training, which equips for the transition to the mission field and adjustment to living in another culture.
Minimum Prior Experience Required:
- Relevant supervised ministry experience required.
- Previous cross-cultural ministry is highly preferred.
- Ordained or licensed Minister of the Gospel preferred.
- Commissioning certificate as Missionary Commissioned to Minister in Global Evangelism required.
- Certification in counseling or member care is preferred.
- Joy-filled faith rooted in Jesus Christ and a heart to serve.
- Guiding/coaching and compassionate nature.
- High degree of knowledge and experience in counseling.
- Energized by leading staff to accomplish their goals.
- Gifted in assessing people’s needs and situations.
- Refiner/integrator by nature.
- Able to analyze work done by others and fill in the missing gaps or redesign.
ABWE is a Christian organization, and it is necessary that employees possess and maintain a lifestyle that is above reproach.
All ABWE Employees Must:
- Be a believer in the Lord Jesus Christ and able to articulate a personal testimony of salvation.
- Be walking in Christ-like obedience to Biblical standards in ways that evidence a transforming relationship with Jesus Christ, particularly as outlined in ABWE’s Christian Code of Conduct.
- Be a current and active member and/or regular attendee of a like-minded local church that aligns doctrinally with ABWE.
- Be able to fully support ABWE’s mission, vision, core values, doctrinal statement, and ministry philosophy.
- Be able to follow all guidelines set forth in the ABWE Policy Manual and Missionary Handbook.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands are minimal and typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations, including extended periods of time sitting at a desk. The work environment is representative and typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for extended periods of time, talk or hear; perform fine motor, hand, and finger skills in the use of a keyboard, telephone, or writing. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and reach with arms and/or hands. Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The employee will spend their time in an office environment with a moderate to high noise level. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Updated November 2023
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org