Location: International Headquarters, New Cumberland, PA
Job Type: Full-Time, Hourly, Non-exempt
Job Summary/Primary Role: Performs preventative maintenance and repair of facilities and systems to provide a safe, clean and comfortable working environment.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Maintains and repairs the physical plant including HVAC, boilers, electrical, pressure vessels, plumbing, security system, elevators, fire suppression and detection, and irrigation and well-water systems.
- Assists departmental efforts in building construction and repair projects.
- Provides certified drinking water sampling to lab in accordance with DEP regulations.
- Assists in setting up for meetings, seminars, and conferences including on and off campus events.
- Proficient in electrical circuitry, plumbing repair, and geo thermal HVAC.
- Assists in the preparation of off campus events including loading and unloading equipment.
- Serves in snow/ice removal.
- Performs other duties or special projects as required or as assigned.
- Ability to pass background check and all necessary clearances as mandated by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- Valid PA Driver’s License
Education: High School diploma or GED
Minimum Prior Experience Required: Previous related experience
- Joy-filled faith rooted in Jesus Christ and a heart to serve.
- Proficient in electrical circuitry, plumbing repair, and HVAC.
- Knowledge of mechanical systems operations and machinery operation.
- Understanding of safety and security monitoring equipment.
- Ability to operate various types of construction equipment.
- Energetic and deadline oriented.
- Able to work alone or in a team environment.
- Self-disciplined and takes initiative
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to walk; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment can range from moderate/high. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ABWE is a Christian organization, and it is necessary that employees possess and maintain a lifestyle that is above reproach. Employees are encouraged to participate in staff events including corporate and departmental prayer times and staff meetings and lunches.
All ABWE employees must:
- Be a current and active member and/or regular attendee of a like-minded local church that aligns doctrinally with ABWE.
- Be able to fully support ABWE’s mission, vision, core values, doctrinal statement, and ministry philosophy.
- Be able to follow all guidelines set for in the ABWE Employee Handbook.
To apply please send us your resume, your 1-page faith story/testimony and any relevant references or samples.