Ministry Coordinator (Live Global)
Job Title: Ministry Coordinator
Department: Live Global
Location: International Headquarters, New Cumberland, PA
Job Type: Part-Time, Hourly, Non-exempt
Supervisor: Regional Executive Director
Supervisory Responsibility: None
Mission/Vision: Fulfilling the Great Commission by multiplying leaders, churches and mission movements among every people.
Job Summary/Primary Role: A Ministry Coordinator plays a key role in providing coordination for a growing global team and numerous ministry activities. Using both technology and inter-personal skills, this individual will create and facilitate solutions by coordinating key individuals and global projects.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Serves as the first point of contact and provides a bridge for smooth communication between departments, global partners and missionaries.
- Managing all international Headquarters missionary data (annual report, statement of commitment, service award, etc.,) for those missionaries assigned to the department.
- Basic understanding of financial transactions.
- Proficient in modern web tools (email platforms, social media, etc.,).
- Maintains relevant files and database records.
- Maintains ABWE website with service opportunities.
- Completes a variety of administrative tasks as directed.
- Assists the Executive Director as requested in planning for events including coordinating the agenda for meetings, reserving conference rooms, meals, and IT needs.
- Performs other duties or special projects as required or as assigned.
Qualifications: Ability to pass background check and all necessary clearances as mandated by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
Education: Associate’s Degree preferred in business or related field.
Minimum Prior Experience Required: Previous business or office management experience or experience in a related field/capacity. Previous cross-cultural experience preferred.
- Joy-filled faith rooted in Jesus Christ and a heart to serve
- Proficient in digital tools, platforms, database and design.
- Able to maintain information and documents that are highly confidential in nature.
- Takes initiative; self-disciplined.
- Strong relational skills.
- Flexible team-player.
- Energetic and deadline oriented, with the ability to multi-task.
- Effective communication skills.
- Excellent follow-through and accountability with projects.
ABWE is a Christian organization and it is necessary that employees possess and maintain a lifestyle that is above reproach. Employees are encouraged to participate in staff events including corporate and departmental prayer times and staff meetings and lunches.
All ABWE employees must:
- Be a current and active member and/or regular attendee of a like-minded local church that aligns doctrinally with ABWE.
- Be able to fully support ABWE’s mission, vision, core values, doctrinal statement and ministry philosophy.
- Be able to follow all guidelines set forth in the ABWE International Headquarters’ Handbook
Physical Demands and Work Environment: The physical demands are minimal and typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations, including extended periods of time sitting at a desk. The work environment is representative and typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for extended periods of time; talk or hear; perform fine motor, hand and finger skills in the use of a keyboard, telephone, or writing. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; and reach with arms and/or hands. Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. The employee will spend their time in an office environment with a moderate to high noise level. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Updated: February 2021