Job Title: Receptionist
Department: Human Resources
Location: ABWE Headquarters, New Cumberland, PA
Job Type: Full-Time/Hourly/Non-Exempt
Supervisor: Human Resources Manager
Mission/Vision: Fulfilling the Great Commission by multiplying leaders, churches, and missions movements among every people.
Job Summary/Primary Role: The Receptionist will greet, assist and provide information to visitors and guests. The Receptionist will answer the incoming calls and connect callers with the appropriate staff. This individual will also archive and digitize personnel records, field council reports and other current and historical documents. The Receptionist will provide administrative support to various departments as needed.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Answers and forwards all incoming phone calls.
- Monitors all visitor/employee entrances on Level 1 of building. Assists visitors with building entry.
- Orders and distributes office supplies.
- Prepares onboarding paperwork for new employees and volunteers.
- Scans and emails personal missionary mail.
- Reviews, organizes, and scans files and other documents, using the established archiving system to digitally file current and historical records.
- Properly shreds and disposes of archived files.
- Assists with insurance check processing and distribution.
- Updates support commitments in Rock RMS.
- Provides administrative support to Human Resources and other departments as requested.
- Performs other duties or special projects as required or as assigned.
Qualifications: Ability to pass background check and all necessary clearances as mandated by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent required.
Minimum Prior Experience Required: Previous experience in an office setting preferred.
- Joy-filled personal faith rooted in Jesus Christ and a heart to serve.
- Able to multi-task.
- Works well independently.
- Ability to plan and schedule for efficiency.
- Able to keep information secure and confidential.
- Self-motivated and innovative.
ABWE is a Christian organization, and it is necessary that employees possess and maintain a lifestyle that is Multiplying Leaders, Churches, and Missions Movements above reproach. Employees are encouraged to participate in staff events including corporate and departmental prayer times and staff meetings and lunches.
All ABWE employees must:
- Be a believer in the Lord Jesus Christ and able to articulate a personal testimony of salvation.
- Be walking in Christ-like obedience to Biblical standards in ways that evidence a transforming relationship with Jesus Christ, particularly as outlined in ABWE’s Christian Code of Conduct.
- Be a current and active member and/or regular attendee of a like-minded local church that aligns doctrinally with ABWE.
- Be able to fully support ABWE’s mission, vision, core values, doctrinal statement, and ministry philosophy.
- Be able to follow all guidelines set forth in the ABWE Policy Manual and IHQ Staff Handbook.
Physical Demands and Work Environment: The physical demands are minimal and typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations, including extended periods of time sitting at a desk. The work environment is representative and typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for extended periods of time, talk or hear; perform fine motor, hand, and finger skills in the use of a keyboard, telephone, or writing. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and reach with arms and/or hands. Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The employee will spend their time in an office environment with a moderate to high noise level. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To apply for this job, send resume and a 1-page personal testimony to email@example.com