Evangelism teammates help spread the good news with passion and energy in communities around the world. Our ministry in the Czech Republic needs committed Christians just like you who are compelled to see the lost come to faith.
As an evangelism teammate, you will:
- Share your personal story with the Czech people, many of whom are agnostic, and live an authentically Christian life
- Bring an open-minded attitude to a wealth of ministry opportunities — if you want to share the good news, but you aren’t sure where you belong, this is the perfect role for you
- Bring passion and energy to the evangelism team and inspire a love for Christ in the Czech people
- Provide support to existing churches by encouraging, modeling and training members in community outreach techniques
- Demonstrate positivity in an overwhelmingly atheistic environment that is surprisingly willing to talk about issues of faith and spirituality
Statistically, the Czech Republic is the most irreligious nation in the world. About 84 percent of the population denies the existence of God, and Christians comprise less than 1 percent of Czech citizens. Despite these grim facts, ABWE teammates have found the Czech people open and thoughtful. There is a great willingness to discuss the gospel and think about faith and spirituality. There are a tremendous unmet need and a big opportunity to spread the Word of Isaiah 65:1: “I revealed myself to those who did not ask for me; I was found by those who did not seek me. To a nation that did not call on my name, I said, ‘Here am I, here am I.’”
The Czech Republic ministry has achieved great success during a slow and arduous process. Some of our outreach projects include English classes for adults and kids and holiday parties. Our fun summer camps are widely regarded as providing an excellent value and have also proven ABWE’s most effective ministry. Family Bible hour is another successful outreach effort.