The kitchen volunteer may be asked to help with a variety of tasks in the kitchen and dining area during meals for events.
Between new missionary orientation, trainings, field preparation seminars, staff celebrations, and more, ABWE hosts hundreds of meals every year at its International Headquarters, near Harrisburg, PA. We are looking for able-bodied volunteers with a willingness to serve our guests and our kitchen staff through:
- Setting tables
- Setting up/tearing down the buffet line
- Cleaning tearing down after or between meals
- Using the dish machine to wash dishes
- Minor food prep (such as peeling potatoes)
- Brewing tea
- Monitoring and restocking the buffet line
- And more.
Volunteers are asked to dress with black slacks or nice jeans (no holes), and a polo or plain shirt. Long hair should be tied up. Please no open-toed shoes—closed-toe or tennis shoes are required, and non-slip rubber soles are preferred.