Our Vision & Values
Our vision at ABWE is to fulfill the Great Commission by multiplying leaders, church, and missions movements among every people. This audacious goal means creating resources for the church—both those who send and those who go.
As a result, ABWE’s blog, videos, and podcast exist not only to profile stories of existing missionaries and ministries thriving in cross-cultural settings, but also to stir theological, missiological, or devotional reflection from a biblical perspective. Any ministry or field-related story should include a tie to the mission or recount the firsthand experience of an ABWE missionary (past or present).
The articles published on ABWE’s blog generally fall into one of the following aims:
- To encourage people to think critically about a particular aspect of ministry
- To provide practical helps regarding missionary life and local church ministry
- Bring unique attention to an inspiring story from the field or a missionary, an acute need in the world, or to a particular people group
- Unpack a passage of Scripture for theological or devotional insight relevant to the missionary endeavor
- Address a particular cultural or social issue relevant to cross-cultural or local church ministry from a biblical perspective
We also recognize that the Great Commission is too big to accomplish alone. That is why the ABWE blog also serves as a platform for a variety of voices from across the lines of various theological traditions and schools of missiological thought. While our authors may not always be those who adhere strictly to ABWE’s distinctives, we aim for all of our content to be in keeping with our statement of faith and our core values as an organization.
Most of all, all ABWE online resources are designed to exalt Christ in Scripture, spark passion for the mission of God, and give back to the local church.
- Paul Davis | President
- Alex Kocman | General Editor and Director of Communications and Media
- Katelyn Hawkins | Managing Editor and Communications Specialist
To submit content, please visit this page.
If you have any questions regarding the ABWE blog, podcast, or other content, email us.
Evangelical Press Association Awards
- Message Magazine | Awards of Merit, Missions Print Publication and Missions Digital Publication
- Message Magazine | Best-in-Class (2nd Place)
- ABWE Blog (2nd Place)
- Overall Website Design (2nd Place)
- Devotional | Christian Witness and the Power of Good in Changing Times (1st Place)
- Single Blog Post | Sitting on the Sidelines (4th Place)
- Personality Article | ‘Jesus in Running Shoes’: Honoring Eric Liddell 75 Years Later (4th Place)
- ABWE Blog (1st Place)
- Single Blog Post | Missions or Wanderlust? (3rd Place)
- Original Art | Meet Our Newest Missionaries, pg. 12 (3rd Place)