Business Development Manager
Job Title: Business Development Manager
Department: Good Soil
Location: International Headquarters, New Cumberland, PA
Job Type: Exempt, Full-Time, Salary
Supervisory Responsibility: None
Mission/Vision: Fulfilling the Great Commission by multiplying leaders, churches, and missions movements among every people.
Job Summary/Primary Role: The Business Development Manager will oversee the marketing of Good Soil training and resources, including management of the Good Soil website and content marketing strategy, e-commerce, and social media platforms. This person has a passion for sharing the story of hope, using Good Soil as a means to motivate, train and resource the body of Christ for worldview-relevant evangelism and discipleship.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop and implement a master plan for promoting Good Soil training and resources.
- Leverage Good Soil’s social media presence towards measurable outcomes and conversions to website engagements and sales.
- Manage the Good Soil website (including blog and inbound marketing strategy).
- Responsible to maintain SEO (on-page, keywording, schema, linking, earned media).
- Develop and deploy e-commerce system and strategy (including Amazon and website sales).
- Oversee communication with constituents (e.g. email, newsletters, mailings, catalog).
- Oversee the Good Soil contact database using a Resource Management System.
- Build communications targeting churches, pastors, other mission agencies, schools, specialty ministry groups, homeschooling associations, and other groups to promote Good Soil materials and generate increased sales.
- Continually work on developing and improving personal skills for use in ministry.
- Assist the Good Soil team as needed.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in business, marketing, or related field; 3-5 years experience preferred.
- Ability to pass a background check and all necessary clearances as mandated by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
- Problem-solver attitude; servant-minded; works hard and plays hard; able to juggle multiple tasks and priorities cheerfully; thrives in a fast-paced environment; comfortable in ambiguity, being able to bring order from chaos; go-getter mindset that creates solutions rather than waiting for permission.
- Experience in designing/maintaining a website and maintaining a social media presence.
- Experience in developing and implementing a marketing strategy oriented around e-commerce.
- Passion for our mission and a strong desire to impact the growth of an effective nonprofit organization.
- Joy-filled faith rooted in Jesus Christ and a heart to serve.
- Highly motivated and ambitious.
ABWE is a Christian organization, and it is necessary that employees possess and maintain a lifestyle that is above reproach. Employees are encouraged to participate in staff events including corporate and departmental prayer times, staff meetings and lunches.
All ABWE employees must:
1. Be a current and active member and/or regular attendee of a like-minded local church that aligns doctrinally with ABWE.
2. Be able to fully support ABWE’s mission, vision, core values, doctrinal statement, and ministry philosophy.
3. Be able to follow all guidelines set for in the ABWE Employee Handbook.
Physical Demands and Work Environment: The physical demands are minimal and typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations, including extended periods of time sitting at a desk. The work environment is representative and typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for extended periods of time; talk or hear; perform fine motor, hand, and finger skills in the use of a keyboard, telephone, or writing. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; and reach with arms and/or hands. Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. The employee will spend their time in an office environment with a moderate to high noise level. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To apply for a position send your resume, a 1-page faith-story/testimony, and applicable references or samples to email@example.com.
Updated August 2021