Manager | Corporate Events
Department: Corporate Events
Location: ABWE Headquarters, New Cumberland, PA
Job Type: Full-Time/Salary/Exempt
Supervisor: VP of Financial Services
Supervisory Responsibility: P/T Events Staff and Various Volunteers
Mission/Vision: Fulfilling the Great Commission by multiplying leaders, churches, and missions movements among every people.
Job Summary/Primary Role: The Corporate Events Manager will oversee and manage a majority of the organizational events, from conception to execution sponsored by ABWE. This individual will work with Executive Leadership to create and align events that meld the brand, purpose and values of ABWE. With a primary focus on donor, board of directors, and constituent events, this individual will create unique experiences that help further the goals and vision of the organization. The Corporate Events Manager will also be responsible for establishing and maintaining vendor relationships, service contract negotiations and execution of plans as well as event budgets.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Creating and executing unique donor and other constituent events, both at the International Headquarters and various off-site locations based on the goals of various ABWE brands and departments.
- Ensuring best practices are implemented for all events.
- Coordinating events team by effectively delegating and assigning tasks, creating timelines, and prioritizing workloads.
- Managing event budgets, documents, supplies, and related materials.
- Evaluating the event at completion to determine if the outcome met the objective.
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships with vendors, hotels, venues, etc.,
- Overseeing staffing at events and manage onsite event registrations, schedules, catering, etc.
- Performs other duties or special projects as required or as assigned.
Qualifications: Ability to pass background check and all necessary clearances as mandated by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
Minimum Prior Experience: 3-5 years prior event planning experience, with an emphasis in non-profit corporate events.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business Administration or Hospitality Management.
- Joy-filled personal faith rooted in Jesus Christ and a heart to serve.
- Calm under pressure, with a solution-oriented decision-making ability.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Ability to manage budgets and provide financial feedback to sponsoring departments.
- Personnel Managerial Skill for events staff and volunteers.
- Capacity to foresee guest needs and sponsoring department desires for the outcome of the event.
- Excellent attention to detail and must possess skills in foreseeing logistical outcomes.
- Able to multi-task, while setting priorities and deadlines.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite. Strong understanding of event technologies.
Christian Life: ABWE is a Christian organization, and it is necessary that employees possess and maintain a lifestyle that is above reproach. Employees are encouraged to participate in staff events including corporate and departmental prayer times and staff meetings and lunches.
All ABWE employees must:
- Be a believer in the Lord Jesus Christ and able to articulate a personal testimony of salvation.
- Be walking in Christ-like obedience to Biblical standards in ways that evidence a transforming relationship with Jesus Christ, particularly as outlined in ABWE’s Christian Code of Conduct.
- Be a current and active member and/or regular attendee of a like-minded local church that aligns doctrinally with ABWE.
- Be able to fully support ABWE’s mission, vision, core values, doctrinal statement, and ministry philosophy.
- Be able to follow all guidelines set forth in the ABWE Policy Manual and IHQ Staff Handbook.
Physical Demands and Work Environment: The physical demands are minimal and typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations, including extended periods of time sitting at a desk. The work environment is representative and typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for extended periods of time, talk or hear; perform fine motor, hand, and finger skills in the use of a keyboard, telephone, or writing. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and reach with arms and/or hands. Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The employee will spend their time in an office environment with a moderate to high noise level. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.