Missions Trips for Adults
Launch Point offers the perfect blend of adventure and spiritual growth for adults seeking to make a difference. You’ll have opportunities to explore a new destination, meet new people, and bring Christ to those who need him. Travel with us to an underdeveloped region of the globe, and work alongside locals to improve the community’s quality of life. You’ll be amazed at what God’s servants can achieve when they come together as a team.
All About Missions Trips
Adult missions trips offer many benefits for those who take them, including networking opportunities, personal growth, and career exploration. If you feel God calling you to help different parts of the world, an adult missions trip may be the perfect option for you. Adult missions trips often involve some form of service work, such as building homes or working in orphanages, and they often take place in developing countries or areas affected by natural disasters.
HOW TO CHOOSE A MISSION TRIPS
Adult missions trips provide opportunities to serve others while growing your personal faith. However, with so many options out there, deciding what trip fits you best can be challenging. Here are a few factors to consider as you choose an area to serve:
- The length of the trip: Adult missions trips vary in length from a few days to several weeks. Make sure you choose a trip that fits your schedule and commitments.
- The cost of the trip: Adult missions trips also vary widely in cost. Some trips may be free or only require a small donation, while others may cost several thousand dollars. Make sure you consider the cost of the trip and your needs for support before choosing your destination. Family, friends, and fellow church goers often provide support for missionaries needing help.
- The location of the trip: AWBE offers trips all over the world. Choose a location that interests you and that you feel comfortable traveling to for a period of time. Talk with people who have been there, and research the local customs and mannerisms of indigenous people to help you develop an idea of what to expect.
- The type of work you’ll be doing: Adult missions trips typically involve doing some sort of service work, such as building homes, working in a soup kitchen, or teaching English. Be sure to choose a trip that matches your skills and interests.
Can Adult Missions Trips Have a Long-Term Impact?
Undoubtedly, adult missions trips can create profoundly lasting impacts for missionaries and recipients. In fact, many people who go on mission trips say that the experience changed their lives forever. Here are just a few ways that missions trips can have a lasting impact:
- Missions Trips Provide a Unique Opportunity to Serve Others – While there are many ways to serve others, adult missions trips provide unique and life-changing experiences. Not only are you providing physical assistance to those in need, but you’ll also offer emotional and spiritual support for God’s suffering children, which impacts both you and the community you choose to serve.
- Missions Trips Can Help You Form Lasting Relationships – Meeting new people and forming lasting relationships commonly follow missionaries who set out on these trips. God uses all forms and backgrounds to engage people that wouldn’t have a chance to meet him otherwise. Let God use your gifts to reach the fallen, hurt, and forlorn, and many times they’ll reach back into you!
- Missions Trips Can Be Life-Changing – Many people who go on adult missions trips find their lives change for the better. These trips often help broaden their horizons and increase their understanding of other cultures. After all, the greatest commission asks us to love our neighbors as we love ourselves.
How To Prepare For a Missions Trip
Adult mission trip can alter the way you see the world forever. If you plan to go on an adult mission trip, there are a few things you need to do in order to make sure that your experience engages you and provides positive and productive outcomes. Use the three tips below to help you discern the purposes and outcomes you’d like to see on your missions trip:
- Do Your Research – Before you go on a missions trip, do your research and learn as much as you can about the country or region you will be visiting. Cultures and mannerisms outside of America often shock visitors, but knowing what you’re walking into can help you make a lasting difference.
- Learn Some Key Phrases – Learning basic introductions and responses will help you communicate with the people you meet during your stay. Even if you only know a few phrases, taking an interest in the culture of those around you goes a long way when making connections.
- Have Realistic Expectations – Understanding that there may be culture shock and that things may not always go according to plan. Be prepared for anything and remember to be flexible. God’s plan doesn’t always look like ours, but he uses unique situations and people to reach the lost.
Why Launch Point?
Create connections with people and cultures in unique and authentic ways! You’ll see the world in a whole new light and leave behind a lasting impact on the communities you serve.
When you go on a missions trip with Launch Point, not only are you making a difference in the world, but you’re also building lifelong friendships and discovering opportunities God gives you. As Christians, we believe that when we serve others, we all benefit. Join us on this journey of service and see for yourself how life-changing it can be.