Our Trinidad and Tobago (T&T) team desperately needs trained, qualified Counselors to help us minister in the communities where we serve. In T&T, the evidence of worldly sin is everywhere, from substance abuse to family discord and high crime rates. You can make an immediate impact in T&T through counseling ministries.
As a counselor, you will:
- Demonstrate the training and experience necessary to provide care to those suffering from substance abuse, crime, marital or family problems
- Have compassion and patience for nationals in a culture where problems like divorce, mental health disorders, parenting problems, crisis intervention and addiction often supersede a spiritual love for Christ
- Get to know T&T’s culture so that forming real, caring relationships is possible
- Live as a committed Christian, and set an excellent example that community members want to follow
- Have a heart for missions work, and bring a natural creativity and passion to your role with ABWE
Helping in what God is doing in Trinidad and Tobago doesn’t mean you need to be perfect. You simply need to be focused on others. Everywhere you turn in T&T, you’ll find the worldly temptations that lead His followers astray. Substance abuse, unstable families and a high crime rate have become social norms. With ABWE, you can help create an environment where spirituality occurs not only in thought but also in practice. By reaching younger nationals, we can help people make God-honoring choices and live lives worthy of Him.
Working one-on-one with community members in a counseling setting, it’s easy to understand how your influence can forever change the lives in T&T. You’ll also develop authentic relationships with a people whose hearts are warm and willing, and show them why living a life devoted to Christ is a life well lived. Please prayerfully consider joining our team in Trinidad and Tobago.