Short-Term Missions Trips
Do you have a heart for missions? We do too, and that’s why we created Launch Point for short-term mission trips. Our services help missionaries find the best short-term mission trip and will let you use your skills to make a difference. You’ll be able to serve in some of the most needed places in the world, and it only takes two weeks of your time. Imagine the good services Christ will help you provide for the people of Africa, South America, or Asia. Not only will you be serving God, but you’ll also be serving others in need. Get in on this amazing experience, and help our missionaries take the message of God to the far corners of our world!
ALL ABOUT SHORT-TERM MISSION TRIPS
More and more Christians around the world find interest in taking an active part in God’s mission on short-term mission trips. When you see people’s receptivity to God’s word and how God uses you to bring someone to salvation in Christ, you will never be the same. You can teach English, use your professional skills in hospitals, schools and churches. Join theology outreach programs, or assist in the ministry of local organizations. Short-term mission trips effectively help you grow and prepare for longer term missionary stays and reach the unreached with the gospel and love of Jesus Christ.
HOW TO CHOOSE A SHORT-TERM MISSION TRIP
Many factors exist when choosing a mission trip. However, if you take the time to do your research and pray about it, you’ll be sure to find the perfect trip to use the gifts God gave you. Think on these things when making the best decision for your unique situation:
- Consider the Gifts and Skills You Bring to the Table – If you have a heart for working with children but get overwhelmed in large groups, then maybe working in an orphanage may not be the best choice for you. On the other hand, if you love being outdoors and don’t mind getting a little dirty, then maybe helping build houses in Mexico will suit your talents. Consider what gifts and skills you bring to the table, and let that guide your decision-making process.
- Pray about It – Take some time to sit down and pray about where God calls you to serve. Ask Him to give you clarity and peace about the decision He wants you to make. Talk with your community to discern his voice, search for answers to your prayers, and He will give you guidance as to where He needs you to serve.
- Research Different Options Online – Spend some time researching various countries and organizations online. Read about their missions and values to see if they align with yours. This research will assist you in getting an idea of what kinds of projects or activities you would be involved in if you decided to serve with other missionaries.
Talk to People Who Have Been There Before – Experienced missionaries can tell you firsthand how it feels to serve with their group and give you some insights that you won’t find online. Connect with someone who knows people in the area where you’ll be serving, which will help make your transition smoother once you arrive at your destination.
CAN SHORT-TERM MINISTRY HAVE A LONG-TERM IMPACT?
Most mission organizations will tell you that short-term mission trips won’t immediately change the world. Instead, they change the hearts of those who go on them. When you go on a short-term mission trip, you invest in relationships. You get to know people and allow them to get to know you.
In addition, going on a short-term mission trip gives you a chance to see firsthand how God works in other cultures. This life-changing experience leads you to greater empathy and understanding for God’s world. As you return home and share your stories with others, you’ll help broaden their perspectives as well.
Finally, participating in short-term missions provides you with chances to develop new skills and grow your faith. Short-term mission trips are part of a larger strategy that includes long-term engagement with the community; they can be an effective way to create lasting change. By working alongside community members to identify needs and develop solutions that can be sustained over time, short-term mission trips can play a role in creating lasting positive change for the people you engage with abroad.
HOW TO PREPARE FOR A SHORT-TERM MISSION TRIP
Short-term mission trips provide life-changing experiences for both you and those you serve. But before you pack your bags and head out, consider a few things you need to do to make your trip successful. Here’s what you need to know before going on your next short-term mission trip:
- Define your goals. What do you hope to accomplish? Who do you hope to help? What kind of difference do you want to make? Answering these questions helps you focus your efforts and make the most of your time on the trip.
- Do your research. Once you choose your destination and consider what you hope to accomplish, start researching. Learn as much as you can about the country or region you’ll be visiting, the people who live there, and the organization you’ll be working with. The more prepared you are, the more successful your trip will be.
- Raise support. When going on a short-term mission trip, you’ll likely need to raise support to cover the cost of your travel and expenses. Start early and give yourself plenty of time to reach your fundraising goal. Talk to friends and family, reach out on social media, and talk with your church community about the calling God put on your heart.
- Be flexible. No matter how well you plan, something might go wrong on a short-term mission trip. Being flexible and going with the flow helps you engage your target demographic. Things may not always go according to plan, but that doesn’t mean the trip has to be a disaster. Roll with the punches, enjoy the adventure, and let God grow you in ways only he can.
Create connections with people and cultures in unique and authentic ways! You’ll see the world in a whole new light and leave behind a lasting impact on the communities you serve.
When you go on a mission trip with LaunchPoint, not only are you making a difference in the world, but you’re also building lifelong friendships and discovering the inner potential God calls you to pursue. As Christians, we believe that when we serve others, we all benefit. Join us on this journey of service and see for yourself how life-changing it can be.
Learn more about our mission opportunities here!