Foundations of Faith and Mission
A Roundtable Discussion Series
Foundations Session 3: Who Is Jesus Christ?
Who exactly is Jesus, and why is his identity vital for us today? We’ll discuss Jesus’ uniqueness as the God-man and what it means for the world.
Show Study Tools
Here, the focus is on Christology, exploring the mystery of Christ’s incarnation and dual natures. It also challenges forms of over-contextualized approached, like Insider Movements, which risk compromising Christ’s identity.
- Philippians 2:5-11
- Colossians 1:15-20
- John 1:1-18
- Other Sources:
- How does Jesus’ identity inform our understanding of the Great Commission?
- How should we respond to those who say Jesus was merely a great, moral teacher?
- Did the incarnation involve a change in the divine nature of Christ?
- Why was it necessary for Jesus to become man?
- Podcast: Tim Bertolet on Why the Ascension Matters for Missionaries
- Eternal Generation: An Introduction
- The Apostles’ Creed: In Jesus Christ
- Knowing Jesus: The Portrait of Jesus in Hebrews
- Humiliation and Exaltation: Christ’s Ascension
- The Unexpected Jesus – R.C. Sproul
- The Glory of Christ – John Owen
- Who Is Jesus? – Greg Gilbert