ABWE is strategically focused on reaching young men in the urban centers of Southeast Asia. By building ministries around weightlifting gyms, Dormitories, and coffee houses, you can help men build their spiritual leadership and leverage their culturally significant influence to bring the light of Christ to whole families.
Specifically, we are looking for dedicated teammates who can:
- Identify new strategies to reach the changing Southeast Asian demographics
- Strengthen the fledgling national church by discipling leaders, connecting small groups, and creating self-sustaining ministries
- Connect and engage the small but active English-speaking urban population
- Introduce the Gospel to minority groups outside the city
- Assist with a Dorm ministry for College Age Students through outreach programs like ESL, Computer/Software Classes, Music Lessons, etc.
Buddhism plays an important role in the region’s culture. Buddhists believe karma controls their destiny, and they encounter spiritual powers on a daily basis. Several people groups remain unreached.
In addition to the indigenous population, there is a growing community of expatriated Americans, often after being deported for gang-related crimes. ABWE has already achieved notable success reaching this tough and tattooed population. With your much-needed help, this ministry can strengthen its faithful and expand its outreach strategies.