Foundations of Faith and Mission
A Roundtable Discussion Series
Foundations Session 7: How Are We Saved?
How can we have eternal life? What role do faith and works play? In this session, we explore the order of salvation—from eternity past, through the moment of our conversion, justification, and adoption into God’s family, to sanctification and final glory.
Show Study Tools
Soteriology, presented in this unit, discusses the doctrines of regeneration, justification, adoption, sanctification, and glorification, emphasizing God’s sovereign initiative in salvation from beginning to end.
- Romans 3:21-26
- Ephesians 1:3-14
- Titus 3:4-7
- What is saving faith? How does decision evangelism distort this?
- What ongoing role does repentance play in the life of the Christian?
- Why is it impossible to lose one’s salvation?
- Is God sovereign over salvation?
- Were people in the Old Testament saved the same way as those in the New Testament?
- Justification and Union With Christ
- Sanctification Different than Justification
- Grace Alone
- Unconditional Election: The Glory of Electing Grace
- Faith Alone – R.C. Sproul
- The Doctrine of Justification – James Buchanan
- Repentance – J. C. Ryle
- What Is the Gospel? – Greg Gilbert