Foundations of Faith and Mission
A Roundtable Discussion Series
Foundations Session 8: What Happens Next?
What happens at the end of the world? What has God called us to do until then, and what does the local church have to do with it? Tune in for the culmination of our journey through the faith.
Show Study Tools
Eschatology is the study of last things—both ours and the world’s. By considering God’s plan for the future, we gain a framework from which to work backwards into understanding the kingdom of God today and its implications for life and mission in the local church. In considering the life of the church, we are also considering another important head of doctrine: ecclesiology.
- 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18
- Revelation 21:1-4
- Matthew 28:18-20
- Confessional/Creedal Material:
- How does the church provide the foundation for missions?
- Why is it important for us to see our resurrection in light of Christ’s resurrection?
- What happens at the moment of death?
- How should Christians understand death? How does this understanding impact how we share the gospel?
- What Is a Healthy Church? – Mark Dever
- Missions – Andy Johnson
- Missions by the Book – Alex Kocman and Chad Vegas
Well done! You’ve completed the Foundations video series. We trust it has been a spiritually enriching journey, preparing you for an even greater impact in God’s kingdom.
For further edification, consider these next steps:
- The Missions Podcast: Dive deeper into missiological and theological discussions. Subscribe here.
- ABWE Blog: Stay updated with biblically grounded content. Subscribe now.
- International Theological Education Summit: Connect with fellow believers passionate about theology. Contact the Training department for details.
Have questions or feedback? Reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’re eager to connect with you!