At ABWE, we know that the resources we have been entrusted with are not our own; they are given to us by God through our generous and faithful supporters. We are committed to being good stewards of those resources and ensuring that they are used to make the maximum impact for the Kingdom of God.
ABWE is a 501(c)(3) organization accredited by the Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability (ECFA), an agency dedicated to helping Christian Ministries earn the public’s trust through adherence to Seven Standards of Responsible Stewardship.
In addition to adhering to the standards set by the ECFA, we are committed to:
- Providing annual organizational financial statements produced by an independent Certified Public Accounting firm.
- Honoring designations of our partners consistent with ABWE Board policies and revenue laws, carefully accounting for all gifts from time of receipt until designated use.
- Maintaining confidentiality of all donor records, including the identity of our partners.
- Scriptural integrity and to doctrinal purity as expressed in the ABWE Statement of Faith.
- Obeying the Great Commission and assuming all the responsibilities connected with this command.
- Doing all we can to bring people to Christ throughout the world, maintaining a biblical perspective and balance regarding our involvement in church planting and ministries of compassion.
- Exercising the spirit of Christ in our dealings with churches, missionaries, donors, and critics.
- The priority of the local New Testament church and its leadership, pastors and deacons.
- Providing faithful service for the local churches as they send out their missionaries.
- The principle of accountability between the mission, missionaries, and supporting churches.
- Maintaining high standards for all ABWE personnel.
- The New Testament principle and practice of evangelism, discipling, and planting reproductive Baptistic churches.
- A program of church planting that has national leadership, ownership, and stewardship in view from the inception.
- A fiscal responsibility in serving our supporting churches and missionaries.
Learn more about giving, receipts, tax deductions and more in our Giving FAQs.