If we get the gospel wrong, nothing else we do in global missions matters.
During the 2023 Radius Conference at Grace Community Church in Sun Valley, Calif., Alex Kocman of The Missions Podcast sat down with several key influences in missions, theology, and pastoral ministry to discuss the importance of keeping the gospel clear.
Continue scrolling below to catch up exclusive content from the conference. This post will be updated as new interviews are made available.
- 1. Chad Vegas on the Clarity of the Gospel
- 2. Jonathan Master on the Missional Legacy of Old Princeton
- 3. Why Reach Japan? Joel Diffenderfer Shares
- 4. Why Penal Substitutionary Atonement? Aubrey Sequeira Answers
- 5. The Caste System & the Homogenous Unit Principle With Aubrey Sequeira
- 6. Brad Buser on Suffering and Resilience
- 7. Why You Must Know & Train Your Missionaries: Brian Murphy
- 8. What Women Should Know to Prepare for Missionary Life: Nina Buser
- 9. What Is the Missions Course? Luke Womack and Barry Brown Answer
- 10. What God Is Doing Through ABWE: Jason Phillips Shares
- 11. Parenting as a Missionary: Rachel Explains
- 12. Local Church Centered Missions With Ryan Robertson
- 13. Learning From William Chalmers Burns: Ian Hamilton
1. Chad Vegas on the Clarity of the Gospel
We speak often about the need to right methods. But missions also depends upon having the right message. Pastor Chad Vegas joins to discuss the vision behind their conference theme: the clear gospel.
2. Jonathan Master on the Missional Legacy of Old Princeton
When we think of the legacy of theological giants like B.B. Warfield or A.A. Hodge, we rarely think about their contribution to global missions. Yet, far from restricting themselves to ivory towers, these theologians were deeply concerned with the Great Commission. Jonathan Master, president of Greenville Seminary, explains.
3. Why Reach Japan? Joel Diffenderfer Shares
4. Why Penal Substitutionary Atonement? Aubrey Sequeira Answers
Is penal substitutionary atonement (PSA) a necessary, biblical doctrine, or is it an outgrowth of Western legal thinking? Aubrey Sequeira, pastor of Evangelical Community Church of Abu Dhabi, explains the importance of this doctrine.
5. The Caste System & the Homogenous Unit Principle With Aubrey Sequeira
Aubrey Sequeira revisits Donald McGavran’s influential concept of people groups in missiology, his understanding of the caste system, and its impact on missions today.
6. Brad Buser on Suffering and Resilience
Brad Buser, veteran missionary and co-founder of Radius, answers some common questions about what it takes to pioneer on the mission field.
7. Why You Must Know & Train Your Missionaries: Brian Murphy
For many churchgoers, the missionaries they support are little more than magnet on a refrigerator. How can we know and train well those whom we send? Brian Murphy, executive director of XL (Excellence in Leadership) Ministries, shares.
8. What Women Should Know to Prepare for Missionary Life: Nina Buser
How can women prepare for the stresses and hurdles of long-term missionary life? Nina Buser shares lessons learned along the way.
9. What Is the Missions Course? Luke Womack and Barry Brown Answer
How can we mobilize the next generation into the harvest? Luke Womack of Airo Missions, and Barry Brown of The Missions Course sit down to discuss Airo’s latest exciting program meant to “end missions.”
10. What God Is Doing Through ABWE: Jason Phillips Shares
How is the Lord working in and through ABWE? Jason Phillips, vice president of strategy and operations, shares what most excites him right now within the global family of ministries.
11. Parenting as a Missionary: Rachel Explains
Missions and parenting are two of life’s most challenging and rewarding undertakings. Rachel from Radius shares her wisdom as a parent after seven years of cross-cultural living.
12. Local Church Centered Missions With Ryan Robertson
How can missionaries overcome the temptation to compromise on their ecclesiology? Ryan Robertson, president of Reaching and Teaching, unpacks the importance of the local church.
13. Learning From William Chalmers Burns: Ian Hamilton
Who was the Scottish evangelist William Chalmers Burns? In this final interview, Ian Hamilton unfolds the riches of missions history to help us deepen in our devotion today.
The Missions Podcast exists to equip missionaries and mobilize the church. By supporting this ministry, you help goers think and thinkers go.